Digital marketing encompasses a wide array of methods and strategies to promote services, products or brands on the internet. Here are the top methods for marketing using digital media:
- SEO Engine Optimization (SEO): This is the process of improving your website’s performance in order to achieve higher ranking for your site on the search results pages (SERPs) for terms pertinent to your website. The aim is to boost the number of natural (non-paid) users to your website.
- Content Marketing This technique is the production and distribution of relevant content (e.g. videos, blog posts infographics, articles, or even news stories) to connect with an audience. It’s more about providing value than directly marketing a product.
- Social Media Marketing This is the practice of using various social media platforms (like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) to promote items or services. This involves sharing and creating content, communicating with the public, and creating advertisements which are paid for.
- E-mail marketing It is the process of sending targeted emails or mailers to a list of users. It’s a great way to keep leads interested and engage with customers, as well as to promote products or services.
- Pay-Per-Click marketing (PPC): This is the practice of putting ads on search engines as well as other platforms, and then paying a set amount for each time an advertisements are clicked. Google Ads is one of the most frequently used websites for PPC.
- Affiliate Marketing Affiliate Marketing is a method of marketing that is based on performance, which permits businesses to pay their affiliates (partners) to drive traffic or sales through advertising.
- Influencer Marketing It is the process of working with influential people in your industry or field to market your product or services. Influencers are committed and have a loyal following.
- videos for marketing It is the process of creating and sharing videos that advertise products, inform people or convey the story of an organization. Platforms like YouTube and social networks have grown increasingly popular in the field of video-based marketing.
- Mobile Marketing It is focused on interfacing with and interacting with users via mobile devices, such as through mobile-optimized websites, mobile applications for marketing through SMS, and more.
- Chatbot Marketing Chatbots communicate with website visitors and users on social networks in real time. They offer information, answer questions, and sometimes even helping to facilitate purchases.
- Remarketing/Retargeting: This involves targeting users who have previously interacted with your website or content. The goal is to reengage with them, and motivate them to take more actions.
- Analytics and Data Analysis: Utilizing platforms and tools to monitor and analyze the outcomes of digital strategies for marketing. This helps in making educated choices and improve strategies.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Using CRM software to maintain and manage contacts with your clients. This can include marketing via email as also segmenting your customers and personalizing communication.
- user-generated material (UGC): Encouraging customers to create and share content connected to your business or product. This helps to build trust and confidence.
- Chat Marketing by using chat platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or any other chat applications to communicate to customers, provide assistance or even facilitate sales.
Be aware that the efficacy of these strategies could depend on the type of industry you’re working in, your intended audience, and your goals. It’s often beneficial to combine these strategies in order to build an efficient digital marketing strategy that is comprehensive.